Thursday, November 22, 2018
WINTER WARDROBE ESSENTIALS
Hey. Can you believe it's already the end of 2018? This year really went by fast including the seasons. Winter is knocking at our doors. So that means it is time to start thinking about your winter wardrobe. Do you have the necessities to keep you warm but stylish this winter? If not, I got you covered! Even if you have the majority of the items mentioned below, you can always switch them out and get a more updated version of them. Enough of the chit-chat, let's get started.
By the way, nothing is in a particular order.
1. WINTER COATThis is probably the number one item and the most important item I think EVERYONE will need (depending on where they live). This is something you should invest money into. Look for a coat that is insulated on the inside and thick on the outside. Bubble jackets and parkas are my go to. A little fur won't hurt either unless you prefer faux fur. Also get it in a neutral color. But if a pink parka is your style go for it. Once you find that perfect coat that matches your style, is versatile, and most importantly WARM, snag it.
2. SCARVESSeriously? I think we all should know this is a must! Scarves are super stylish, and you can literally buy them everywhere. Go for a chunky scarf to ensure maximum warmth or lean towards a neutral, sleek wool scarf.
I never really wore a sweater until this year. There are endless options for knitted sweaters. Glitter, chunky, colorful, asymmetrical, you name it. Find at least two that can be mix and matched and also dressed up or down. I like to wear a black knitted sweater with leggings or a pair of ZARA high waisted jeans with Vans or Uggs.
3. KNITTED SWEATER
V Neck Color Block Cable Sweater // Showtime Cropped Sweater // Essential Knitted Turtleneck Sweater
4. LEATHER PANTSIf you really want to add a wow factor to your winter wardrobe this year, buy a pair of leather pants. I think everyone should own at least one pair. My favorite pair is from ZARA. I'm more of a zipper and biker pants type of girl. But there are plenty of regular cute pairs from ZARA and Missguided. Endless looks could be made with them. Also, leather leggings are an amazing thing. I like wearing them too because they are way more comfortable than jeans.
5. NEUTRAL SNEAKERSEveryone wants to be comfortable during the winter, and I get it. Sneakers are a year-round necessity really. You can literally wear them with anything. Dresses, skirts, etc. I do recommend a neutral pair, nothing too flashy or colorful. My go-to pairs of classic Vans and Jordan 1s.
6. THIGH HIGH BOOTSLord knows I love a good pair of thigh high boots. I don't think they'll ever go out of style. Cop a pair with a chunky heel for comfortability. But if you do want to be extra, go for a thin heel and pointed toe. You can create endless looks with a pair. Pair them with an off the shoulder bodysuit, high waisted jeans, and a fur coat.
7. STAPLE PURSEHandbags are everything. They can really take an outfit from zero to two-fifty lol. I recommend finding one that is large enough to carry your snacks but still fashionable. If you want to get into the snakeskin trend, this would be the perfect way to transition it into your wardrobe.
8. NIGHT OUT OUTFITYes, all eight items above are essential this winter but we all need at least one night out on the town look. It can literally be anything that makes you feel like Rihanna or Beyonce. My personal favorite is a cute bodycon dress with thigh high boots and a mini fur jacket. Even if that's not your cup of tea, you need a girls night out look.
I think I got my point across. I really hope this gave you an idea of what you should have in your winter wardrobe these next few months. I do recommend investing in great quality items so you will be able to use them every year. Take advantage of all the holiday sales going on especially on Black Friday! Also do not be in a rush to find all these items. It takes time to find something you love, that is in your budget.
When checking out,
When checking out, at Charley’s Closet, use the code “UNICORNS” to save some coins on your entire purchase. Overall I hope I could give you little tips to spruce up your winter wardrobe. Comment below your favorite must-have item to wear.
Until next time, stay blessed!